"You don't shoot people for being artsholes, or the human race would be extinct."
1. refers to the purveyor of any kind of artistic creation who is either unable to finish the masterpiece or find an adoring audience for it: I haven't written anything today, I feel like a proper artshole.
2. the hypothetical residence of the frustrated artist on finding himself bereft of ideas and inspiration: Help me! I have fallen into the artshole Mary.
My friend Shiraz (actually a person, not wine) and I decided to start a podcast of interviews with creative people lost somewhere in the artshole. We have spoken to those with the mere whim of a novel inside them. Writers who have just a couple of chapters under their belts. Authors of complete but unpublished works. Song writers with a C-90 tape hidden in a drawer and so on. Even if you have a clear plan for the future of your production, we would still be interested in talking to you.
What do you want to know?
We are not literary critics who wish to pull your efforts to pieces. We are interested in your experience, your work and what stands in your way. Will you ever finish your book? Maybe we can offer you a little time in the spotlight or some therapy for your creative woes.
How do I follow the podcast?
Visit https://artshole.net/podcasts/ or look up "The Artshole" on iTunes or your podcast provider.
Just show me some stuff!!!
This is a teaser trailer for one of our first episodes...
Cool! How did you produce the podcast?
We used the following stuff...
* Blue Yeti microphones [http://www.bluedesigns.com/products/yeti/]
* Audio Hijack [https://rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/]
* Reason [https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason]
* Photoshop [https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshop.html]